Modelo teórico para predecir el lugar del corte y optimizar la extracción de la pulpa en coco
Federico F. Hahn-Schlam; Paola Martínez-Díaz; Armando Reyes-Amador
Available online: 2012-06-15 /pág.13-17
picture_as_pdfDownload open_in_newExport citation cloudxml
Coconut is an important crop produced in Mexican coastal regions. Coconut is sold as fresh water and dried pulp is used to produce vegetable oil. An industrial plant for fresh water extraction lets pulp as residue, which should be also sold. Workers have a great ability to extract coconut pulp after the shells are sun-dried for half a day. A machine for on-line pulp extraction has to be designed, requiring that coconut is sliced in two identical shell pieces for both: transversal and longitudinal cuts. A vision system acquired images from the sliced coconuts obtaining its circularity and Feret diameter. Coconuts cut transversally used a model that measured coconut length with a linear differential transformer; 93 % of the tests presented two identical shells. A simulation was carried out for positioning a round extractor for separating the pulp from the shell. When the centroide was used as the control coordinate pulp losses were over 35 %; a model for positioning the extractor decreased pulp losses to less than 16 %.
Keyworks: Coconut transversal cut, circularity, pulp extraction, Feret diameter, coconut imaging.
- Assis, O. B. G.; Pessoa, J. D. C. 2009. An evaluation of fibrous structure and physical characteristics of Cutia nut (Couepia edulis Prance) shell. Acta Amazonica 39(4):981-986.
- Costa, C. M.; Yang, S. 2009. Counting pollen grains using readily available, free image processing and analysis software. Annals Botany 104(5):1005-1010.
- FAO 2000. New sport drinks: Coconut water. Magazine, Spotlight, AG21, November, USA
- Jarimopas, B.; Ruttanadat, N.; Terdwongworakul, A. 2009. An automatic trimming machine for young coconut fruit. Journal Biosystems Engineering 103:165-175.
- Jarimopas, B.; Kuson, P. 2007. A young-coconut-fruit-opening machine. Journal Biosystems Engineering 98:185-191.
- Pessoa, J. D. C.; Van Leeuwen, J. 2006. Development of a shelling method to recover whole kernels of the cutia nut (Couepia edulis). Revista Brasileira de Fruticultura 28(2):236-239.
- Rattanapaskorn, S; Roonprasang, K. 2008. Design and development of semi-automatic cutting machine for young coconuts. International Journal Science and Technology 1 (Special Issue):1-6.
- Sinha, V. R.; Agrawal, M. K.; Kumria, R. 2005. Influence of Formulation and Excipient Variables on the Pellet Properties Prepared by Extrusion Spheronization. Current Drug Delivery 2:1-8.
- Zayas, I; Pomeranz, Y; Lai, F. S. 1985. Discrimination between Arthur and Arkan Wheats by Image Analysis. Cereal Chemistry 62(6):478-480.
Hahn-Schlam, F. F., Martínez-Díaz, P., & Reyes-Amador, A. (2012). Theoretical model for predicting the cutting place in order to optimize the extraction of the coconut pulp. , 4(1), 13-17. http://dx.doi.org/10.5154/r.inagbi.2011.10.11009